Tumbleweed || Russian thistle floral art print
The iconic tumbleweeds of the American West are nothing more than an invasive weed. Thought to have been brought over in contaminated flax seeds from Russia in the late 1800s, these plants thrived in the arid desert environment. Long after the blossoms faded and died, people found uses for this plant as food for cattle or medicinal treatment. The Russian thistle even continues to live on today as the spirit of the cowboy– nomadic, lawless, and a little rough around the edges.
This illustration was created as part of a 30-day art challenge, and each print is linked with a song. For this print, it's “The Last Thing On My Mind” sung by Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner. (https://youtu.be/kgM_gPMsODQ)
- Hand drawn with Copic Markers.
- Frames in photos are not included in the purchase.
- 6 x 6” (15.24 x 15.24 cm)
- Printed on heavyweight archival matte paper (230g) with a soft feel.
- The illustration is sent flat in a protected rigid envelope to make sure it arrives to you in perfect conditions.
- Please allow 3-5 days of processing time before shipping. If you absolutely need an item shipped quicker than that, please message to see if I can accommodate you!
// Additional notes:
- I do take custom orders for other floral, fruit, or vegetable designs. Please contact me for additional details!