Forget me not || Forget-me-not floral art print
The colloquial names for the Myosotis genus of flowers is “forget-me-not” or “Scorpion grass”. These flowers symbolize remembrance during partings or death, fidelity, and a true, undying love. The story goes that as a man and his love were walking beside the Danube River when they saw a cluster of lovely blue flowers on an islet in the middle of the river. Though the current was strong, he crossed the river and picked a small bundle. As he made his way back, the current was too strong and he was swept away. As he went under, he threw the bouquet to the river banks and told his sweetheart not to forget him.
This illustration was created as part of a 30-day art challenge, and each print is linked with a song. For this print, it's “Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone” sung by Sammy Davis Jr. (https://youtu.be/qDDJYuvweIU)
- Hand drawn with Copic Markers.
- Frames in photos are not included in the purchase.
- 6 x 6” (15.24 x 15.24 cm)
- Printed on heavyweight archival matte paper (230g) with a soft feel.
- The illustration is sent flat in a protected rigid envelope to make sure it arrives to you in perfect conditions.
- Please allow 3-5 days of processing time before shipping. If you absolutely need an item shipped quicker than that, please message to see if I can accommodate you!
// Additional notes:
- I do take custom orders for other floral, fruit, or vegetable designs. Please contact me for additional details!