Dogwood Silk Chiffon Scarf
Made from lightweight chiffon, this square scarf has a soft, easy drape. You can wear it around your neck or as a hair accessory. The floral pattern on this scarf is dogwood.
Some thoughts about the dogwood:
In the Victorian era, a bachelor would offer a flowering dogwood sprig to someone he felt affection towards and would wait for their response. Someone keeping the flower signaled an interest or mutual attraction, but a returned flower informed the bachelor had they best look elsewhere. This tradition influenced one of the meanings for this flower as a symbol of unrequited affection.
I rather like the idea of giving and keeping our own dogwood sprig as an act of self-love.
You can find the illustration that inspired this scarf here:
Dogwood art print
- Paris chiffon provides a beautiful, floaty, and lightweight finish that is perfect as a neck scarf, shawl, wrap, or headscarf.
- Hand-sewn baby hem with white thread
- Square, 35.5 x 35.5” (90.17 x 90.17 cm)
- Please allow 1-3 week processing time before shipping. If you absolutely need an item shipped quicker than that, please message to see if I can accommodate you!
// Care Instructions:
- Given the delicate nature of the fabric, please handle with care. Dry clean or wash by hand only.
Model: Tina. A fellow artist.