Cactus Blossom || Cactus Blossom floral art print
In Hanakotoba, the Japanese language of flowers, cactus flowers are associated with lust. Therefore, giving the gift of a cactus flower indicates your sexual interest in someone. In contrast, many Western cultures view cactus blossoms as a sign of endurance, protection from danger, and chastity. You’ll have to decide which meaning you want to associate with this blossom.
Drawn from a blossoming Mammillaria geminispina (Twin-spined Cactus) at the United States Botanic Garden in Washington, DC.
This illustration was created as part of a 30-day art challenge, and each print is linked with a song. For this print, it's The Cactus Blossom’s “Got a Lotta of Love.” (https://youtu.be/ca5jfP1M1Tc)
- Hand drawn with Copic Markers.
- Frames in photos are not included in the purchase.
- 6 x 6” (15.24 x 15.24 cm)
- Printed on heavyweight archival matte paper (230g) with a soft feel.
- The illustration is sent flat in a protected rigid envelope to make sure it arrives to you in perfect conditions.
- Please allow 3-5 days of processing time before shipping. If you absolutely need an item shipped quicker than that, please message to see if I can accommodate you!
// Additional notes:
- I do take custom orders for other floral, fruit, or vegetable designs. Please contact me for additional details!